At Kinder Garten Pre School, we try to celebrate most of the national & regional festivals, special days and other occasions throughout the academic year, to help our children learn and appreciate different values, beliefs & cultures.
Kinder Garten Pre School Play and Nursery School has been born out of the passion to celebrate the uniqueness of children as individuals. It has been created to help children realize their potential, be curious and interested in the environment around them and enable them to develop well-rounded personalities. We believe that children have the ability to be cultured thinkers and gifted communicators. They have the keenness to adapt to their immediate surroundings and grasp innumerable languages, thoughts and emotions. We have developed our education system to bring the best to children, to be able to bring out the best in them.
To establish high quality pre schools with the aim of introducing a structured learning process through a research based international curriculum that is relevant to the current times. To prepare, teach values, build awareness and instill confidence in children for whom it is time to step out of the comfort of their homes but are too small to step into the formal education system. Our goal is to acclimatize them to the concept of formal school in a loving, caring and nurturing environment.
Kindergarten Preschool pledges to passionately provide children a safe learning environment that utilizes the Montessori philosophy nurturing the whole child through the senses and discovery while providing an environment that supports physical, emotional and intellectual growth.
Our goal, with a committed group of classroom facilitators, parents and community is to promote critical thinking, confident life-long learners with an emphasis on the joy of learning.
We are a Christian early learning center located in Lynchburg that seeks to provide children with a biblically-based, Christ-centered approach to the most formative years of education. With a program centered on spiritual growth as well as the development of crucial motor, language, fine art and math skills, Kinder Garten Preschool brings the best in Christian education to pre-kindergarten students in the Lynchburg area. A skilled and dedicated teaching staff is the heart of Kinder Garten Preschool and ensures that each student feels nurtured, loved and challenged to be their very best.
Kinder Garten Preschool is called by God to provide a nurturing environment in which the young child feels loved, respected, and valued. Our Christian program is designed to promote the child’s development emotionally, mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually. It is an outreach to our community.
The mission of our school calls us to a vision which includes:
- Teaching and incorporating Christian principles for living into the classroom
- Being a reflection of God’s love to our children
- Committing to a small teacher/student ratio
- Providing sincere, nurturing teachers
- Valuing the uniqueness and individuality of each child
- Building our curriculum around developmentally appropriate practices
- Encouraging active learning
- Partnering with parents to build a strong God-centered foundation for the children in our care
- Receiving the support and guidance of the Kinder Garten Church family
The staff and teachers of Kinder Garten Preschool make every effort to build their curriculum around developmentally appropriate practices. The implications of such practices include:
- Making lessons meaningful to children and related to what they already know
- Teaching in a way that recognizes that children do not learn in the same way; they aren’t interested in learning the same thing as everyone else all the time
- Providing instruction that is physically and mentally active – children should be actively involved in learning activities by building, creating, experimenting, investigating, and working collaboratively with their peers
- Providing hands-on activities with concrete objects and manipulatives as opposed to workbook and worksheet activities